30 March 2012

New work

Hey, so I haven't posted anything for a while. Maybe I'm just getting lazy. Yeah, that's probably it. Also work has been pretty busy. I do have excuses, but maybe not very good ones. What else... er, I read The Hunger Games for my book group. Its not too bad if you can get past the fact its basically a Twilight version of Battle Royale with some 1984 thrown into the mix.
Its not the usual sort of book I'd read, but then that's the point of being in a book group, to read the kind of rubbish other people read. I had to buy 'The Psychopath Test' by Ron Jonson at the same time to even out the purchase. I enjoyed that more. Next up is Dante's 'Inferno'.


So what else... After going to see the Jeremy Deller exhibition at the Hayward, I've been thinking about some of my earlier work and how I can bring this back into my current drawings.
Its nothing like Jeremy Deller's stuff, but I think some of the ideas are similar in terms of maybe traditions and the absurdity of the human condition.

Anyway, maybe I'll write up some of my ideas in another post. Here is a drawing I did this week. Continue reading for some older stuff...








I'm back at work in the morning. Great.